Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, is a leading provider of renewable energy solutions—including solar photovoltaic and battery energy storage—for diverse enterprise customers across North America, including utilities, corporations, the public sector, educational institutions, and other organizations. We unite Panasonic’s lasting financial strength and award-winning history of solar innovation and sustainability leadership with the project development, finance, engineering, construction, and asset management experience of Coronal Energy.
We combine world-class capabilities across the project lifecycle to deliver customer-focused solutions with unparalleled reliability, performance, and value. Our portfolio includes projects in 40 U.S. states totaling 2.3 GW nationwide, with more than 3.4 GW of additional greenfield and brownfield projects under construction/contract, in development or in the pipeline. The Coronal Energy team, powered by Panasonic, maintains offices across North America in California, Colorado, New Jersey, Virginia, and Toronto.
At Coronal Energy, we’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate people and are currently seeking a Solar Developers- West and Midwest US, Talent Manager, and Analysts.
Solar Developers- West and Midwest US
The Solar Developer leads many aspects of the early-stage and late-stage development process of solar PV projects including, but not limited to, site acquisition, permitting and tax negotiations. The Developer works with and is supported by Coronal Energy (CE) team members with expertise in renewable energy policy & incentives, real estate, GIS, legal, design, permitting, site preparation, finance and construction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Developers manage most all early-stage and late-stage development activity up to construction mobilization for any projects under his/her purview. However, much of the development activity is done in partnership with other groups within Coronal Energy e.g. project design and engineering, finance, legal and marketing. While work can vary significantly project to project, generally, it requires:
- A solid command of local and state incentives
- “Native” knowledge of solar friendly planning departments & counties.
- Collegial coordination with CE Operations, Legal, and Finance as needed to manage project to NTP, including site acquisition, procuring permits, and negotiating tax abatements.
- Developer should be comfortable working with and communicating with outside partners for successful development of solar project.
The Developer may also be called on during later stages of development such as; Interconnection, Engineering, PPA, Design, Project Finance, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, but generally, other CE groups manage these areas.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their manager.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to manage a myriad of competing priorities.
- Extremely organized.
- High energy, responds well to pressure, works to deadlines.
- Creative and a solid sense of humor.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team.
Education: University Degree
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of developing solar or wind utility scale projects in the US. Real Estate experience is a plus.
This position may be based in Charlottesville, VA, however the market focus will be based in the Midwest and western USA so there is a high potential for remote location. As such, it will involve a fair amount of travel.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: SolarDeveloperJob@coronalgroup.com
Coronal Energy is seeking a Talent Manager to support its business and team of ~150 employees. The Talent Manager will be responsible for the activities of the Talent Management Group. The group’s charter is:
- To identify, develop, retain and recruit industry-leading talent, creating breadth & depth across multiple disciplines.
- To create a work environment that is productive, efficient, dynamic and compelling and therefore irresistible to industry’s top talent.
- To lead the firm in creating a culture of grit, fun, excitement, and success, enabling Coronal Energy to become the dominant player in the solar industry.
This position reports directly to the Chief Talent Officer.
Candidates must demonstrate a keen interest in dynamic, knowledge-based work, be a quick study, have exceptional communication skills (oral and written), and possess exceptional interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate’s career history should demonstrate the ability to efficiently and effectively multi-task in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment. Impeccable attention to detail (accuracy and thoroughness) and a decent sense of humor a must.
Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 4 years work experience in a talent management or related role; two of which ideally would be in a professional services firm in a resource management or client service delivery roles.
Roles & Responsibilities (in concert with Chief Talent Officer):
- Talent Acquisition: Identify the requisite competency profiles and recruit qualified talent to fill roles across the organization using innovative and effective recruiting channels and methods to attract high quality candidates
- Talent Development: Design technical and leadership development approaches to build the company’s human capital: Provide a set of tools and assessment processes to support the placement, development and utilization of talent
- Build role profiles which identify competencies by role
- Build assessment technologies which identify core competencies and gaps
- Talent Deployment: Define the project team staffing model and process to maximize talent utilization; Identify and deploy Resource Management tools required to develop and implement staffing strategies
- Influence compensation design (in partnership with HR) that seeks to maximize the company’s competitive advantage and achieves its retention goals
- Develop and monitor career ladders providing definable steps to move to the next level
- Performance management (in partnership with HR): Design performance management processes that provide timely feedback and recognition Define a succession planning process and tools that ensures leadership continuity in support of evolving business objectives
- Culture curating (in partnership with HR), i.e. the ability to accentuate and celebrate behaviors, customs and milestone events that define and reinforce the desired company culture
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Managing diversity
- Comfort around higher management
- Business and intellectual acumen
- Listening, receptive and understanding others (groups)
- Interpersonal savvy
The ideal candidate will hold an MBA. A Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts is required, preferably with a Human Resources, or Business Administration major or equivalent in prior work experience.
This position is likely to be based in Charlottesville, VA and will involve a moderate amount of travel.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: TalentManagerJob@coronalgroup.com
To learn more about the Coronal Energy story visit: www.coronalenergy.com